This webinar is the latest session in the Building an Open Cloud webinar series.
IT is about maximizing the widest range of characteristics that push the IT needle from wholly closed to truly open and deliver the full business value and promise of cloud computing.
In this webinar, in the Building an Open Cloud webinar series, Red Hat Cloud Evangelist Gordon Haff will take you through the defining characteristics of an open cloud and explore how implementing a fully open cloud:
- Makes it possible to build a hybrid cloud that spans physical servers, multiple virtualization platforms, and public clouds running a variety of technology stacks.
- Fully leverages existing IT investments and infrastructure.
- Enables portability of applications and data across clouds.
- Allows an evolution to the cloud, with incremental value gained with each step.
- Puts you in charge of your technology strategy.
Registrants will receive a link to the on-demand recording after the live event for the Building an Open Cloud
See additional webinars in this series.
Gordon Haff, Cloud Evangelist, Red Hat
Gordon Haff is a cloud evangelist at Red Hat. Prior to Red Hat, he wrote hundreds of research notes, was frequently quoted in publications like The New York Times on a wide range of IT topics, and advised clients on product and marketing strategies. Earlier in his career, he was responsible for bringing a wide range of computer systems, from minicomputers to large UNIX servers, to market while at Data General. He has engineering degrees from MIT and Dartmouth and an MBA from Cornell’s Johnson School.