Cloud computing is transforming business and IT at a rapid pace, and
the Telecom industry is uniquely positioned to make it the center of
their future compute initiatives and new customer offerings. Companies
can rely on Red Hat to provide an extensive ecosystem of cloud
technologies and services in order to enable large scale deployments
for either private or public clouds.
Cloud computing is more than just technology -- it touches all
aspects of a business. Only by marrying the technical, business and
legal dynamics of cloud computing across a robust ecosystem will Telcos
be able to achieve the reduced cost, operational efficiencies and new
service offerings at the scale that can be delivered by open source
technologies and cloud.
Key issues reviewed in the presentation:
- existing and emerging technologies
- business challenges involved in implementing a cloud
- the importance of bridging the interoperability challenges to integrate on-premise and external clouds
- seamless application orchestration across public and private clouds
- requirements and strategies for building a robust and scalable open cloud ecosystem
- addressing security concerns
Last, we will introduce core Red Hat technologies and projects:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Red Hat Cloud Ecosystem and Projects
- Cloud Reference Architecture Initiative
At the end of the session Red Hat cloud experts and architects will be available for Q&A.
Speaker: Jan Mark Holzer
Jan Mark Holzer is a Senior Consulting Engineer and member of Red
Hat's CTO office. In his role as lead for Emerging Technologies he
tracks new technologies for Red Hat and their applicability for
customers and partners. His team is driving the integration of new
capabilities/technologies across the various Red Hat product groups. He
is also working with key customers and partners in adapting these new
technologies into their IT infrastructure and product offerings.